Once a year on the last Sunday of October the club opens its doors to allow the public to come and join us in the love of wargaming. The day has demonstration games, participation games, traders, our second-hand stall and door prizes. And all of this is for free.
The doors are open from 10am to 4pm. All ages are welcome though we do ask that young children are monitored so that they don’t accidentally damage displays or miniatures.
There are two competitions guests and club members are free to vote in. There is the best painting from the miniatures on display and one for the best display table. Voting is encouraged, it puts you in the running for the door prizes announced at the end of the day.
Each year there are participation and demonstration games. All club members enjoy talking about our hobby so feel free to ask about what is happening; you’re likely to be offered a command for a bit. The games played vary each year, check below for details of each year.
Traders and Second Hand Sales
Traders will set up selling their wares. Check each Open Day to see who is present. The club also runs its second hand stall, one of the best chances to find that rare gem you’re after or sell off miniatures and games you no longer need.
Sales are managed by the club with a 10% commission on the final sale price. The stall is well attended and most items sell. Items can be registered and left and the club before the Open Day to ensure they are on sale all day.
The terms and conditions for the Bring and Buy commission sales are straightforward.
- Items for sale need to be packed for display and clearly labelled with an identifier (so you can collect your sale money) and an item number along with the price. Each item’s summary details are to be recorded on the form provided. We reserve the right not to accept forms other than this design.
- When pricing items, please use whole dollars only. This makes it easier to sort out the commission later.
- The Group North stall reserves the right not to accept any item we deem inappropriate.
- If your goods are sold, we retain a commission of 10% of the sale price.
- All goods/monies must be collected before closing on the day.
- Early payouts at the discretion of staff. As a general guide, payouts can be done anytime from around 2:30pm onwards.
- Unless prior arrangements have been made, uncollected goods and/or monies will be held by Group North. It will be the owner’s responsibility to contact Group North and arrange collection.
- Any disputes or claims of missing items MUST be made at time of pickup. It is your responsibility to check that you have collected all of your unsold items.
- While every effort is made, Group North takes no responsibility for loss or damage to goods while on display to the public during the course of the event.
- By lodging items for sale at the Bring and Buy you are acknowledging that you understand and accept these terms and conditions.
October 28th, 2018
Current list of tables and Stall holders attending this year.
Military Hobbies, Table Top Warfare, Leadbear’s Tufts, Jackal Laser Designs
Warhammer 40,000, Test of Honour, TANKS, Maurice, Pegasus Bridge, Chain of Command, Pike & Shotte Italian Wars and Gaslands
October 29th, 2017
There will games of: Dystopian Wars, Zulu Wars, Kings Of War, Warmachine, TANKS!, 40K, Battletech, Wings of Glory, One Hour Napoleonics, Arena Rex.
Traders for the day include Jackal Designs, TableTop Warfare, and Military Hobbies with a demonstration table from Scorched Earth.
The best time to bring in items for the commission sales is on the club meeting nights of Wednesday 25th or Friday 27th October. That way we know how much table space and shelf space we need for the stall. Items can also be brought in at the start of the open day on the 29th.
BONUS! Anyone helping out with the open day setting up on Friday 27th is welcome to shop at the stall.