Open Day – October 8th 2023
Our Open Day is back. 51 years and running, still with great games to see and great second items to hunt through.
Follow extra details on Facebook.
Open Day – September 25th 2022
This years Open Day is running on Sunday September 25th. The year 2022 also marks our 50th year of operation so we’d like to invite all gamers past and present to return.
Once a year the club opens its doors to allow the public to come and join us in the love of wargaming. The day has demonstration games, participation games, traders, our second-hand stall and door prizes. And all of this is for free.
The doors are open from 10am to 4pm with free entry. All ages are welcome though we do ask that young children are monitored so that they don’t accidentally damage displays or miniatures.
This year we have support from some excellent South Australian gaming resources:
There will be demonstration and participation games from among the following rules:
Blood Bowl, Warhammer 40K, Clash of Spears, Chain of Command, Flames of War, Cruel Seas and others.
You can follow the event on Facebook.
Thanks to sponsors and partners for this event we have a range of door prize options available from the following traders.
The following are attending on the day with items for sale and supporting the door prizes.
The following vendors are supporting us with door prizes in either take home product or vouchers.
There are two competitions guests and club members are free to vote in. There is the best painting from the miniatures on display and one for the best display table. Voting is encouraged, it puts you in the running for the door prizes announced at the end of the day.
Each year there are participation and demonstration games. All club members enjoy talking about our hobby so feel free to ask about what is happening; you’re likely to be offered a command for a bit. The games played vary each year, check below for details of each year.
Traders and Second Hand Sales
Traders will set up selling their wares. Check each Open Day to see who is present. The club also runs its second hand stall, one of the best chances to find that rare gem you’re after or sell off miniatures and games you no longer need.
Sales are managed by the club with a 10% commission on the final sale price. The stall is well attended and most items sell. Items can be registered and left and the club before the Open Day to ensure they are on sale all day.
You can find a listing of early commission sale items on our Facebook Page.
The terms and conditions for the Bring and Buy commission sales are straightforward.
- Items for sale need to be packed for display and clearly labelled with an identifier (so you can collect your sale money) and an item number along with the price. Each item’s summary details are to be recorded on the form provided. We reserve the right not to accept forms other than this design.
- When pricing items, please use whole dollars only. This makes it easier to sort out the commission later.
- The Group North stall reserves the right not to accept any item we deem inappropriate.
- If your goods are sold, we retain a commission of 10% of the sale price.
- All goods/monies must be collected before closing on the day.
- Early payouts at the discretion of staff. As a general guide, payouts can be done anytime from around 2:30pm onwards.
- Unless prior arrangements have been made, uncollected goods and/or monies will be held by Group North. It will be the owner’s responsibility to contact Group North and arrange collection.
- Any disputes or claims of missing items MUST be made at time of pickup. It is your responsibility to check that you have collected all of your unsold items.
- While every effort is made, Group North takes no responsibility for loss or damage to goods while on display to the public during the course of the event.
- By lodging items for sale at the Bring and Buy you are acknowledging that you understand and accept these terms and conditions.
Previous Open Days
May 30th, 2021
Running out 2020 Open Day late due to COVID restrictions at the time. This Open Day is has demonstration events only and is run in a COVID safe manner. It still has traders, second hand stall and all our friendly gamers around.
Table Top Warfare, Leadbear’s Tufts
Kings of War, Flames of War, Bloodbowl, Warhammer 40K, Tanks and more
October 28th, 2018
Current list of tables and Stall holders attending this year.
Military Hobbies, Table Top Warfare, Leadbear’s Tufts, Jackal Laser Designs
Warhammer 40,000, Test of Honour, TANKS, Maurice, Pegasus Bridge, Chain of Command, Pike & Shotte Italian Wars and Gaslands
October 29th, 2017
There will games of: Dystopian Wars, Zulu Wars, Kings Of War, Warmachine, TANKS!, 40K, Battletech, Wings of Glory, One Hour Napoleonics, Arena Rex.
Traders for the day include Jackal Designs, TableTop Warfare, and Military Hobbies with a demonstration table from Scorched Earth.
The best time to bring in items for the commission sales is on the club meeting nights of Wednesday 25th or Friday 27th October. That way we know how much table space and shelf space we need for the stall. Items can also be brought in at the start of the open day on the 29th.
BONUS! Anyone helping out with the open day setting up on Friday 27th is welcome to shop at the stall.